[OpenLayers-Users] Linux particularities

Nicholas Efremov-Kendall n.e.kendall at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 11:12:01 EDT 2009

Hi all,

Again, does anyone have experience with developing for multiple platforms? I
developed my site on a windows machine using xampp (php 5.3), and the site
got migrated to a linux server (php 5.1.6). The application is breaking with
my xmlfile, which is accepting the variable, but it's not properly
formatting the results producing a error in the automatic centering of the
map on my vectors. The bounds returns 'null,' but this is just because the
xml file isn't created properly. For what reason, I don't know.
(www.sas.upenn.edu/jerba/index.php?page=webgis). The program SHOULD load a
bunch of archaeological sites distributed across the Island of Jerba,
Tunisia. My other vectors are loaded fine, and this seems to be an issue of
either the xmlwriter or the response itself.

I am at a loss to explain this, because theoretically there are no
cross-platform conflicts (i.e. paths to dependencies) that I can identify.
I'd be more than happy to provide my code for the app, if someone thinks
that would help. I know there are some poor OL practices here (such as using
jquery), but any advice and suggesting would be greatly appreciated.

as before, any advice/suggestions
--
Nicholas Efremov-Kendall
Fulbright Student 2009-2010, Ukraine