[OpenLayers-Users] loading panel update

bartvde at osgis.nl bartvde at osgis.nl
Mon Oct 19 05:42:49 EDT 2009

Hi Max,

thanks for your feedback, I've fixed this up [1] by giving the css class a
display:none to start with, so it only shows when a loadstart event is
actually coming in, and like you said the Google layer does not support
the load events currently.

[1] http://trac.openlayers.org/changeset/9749

Best regards,
Bart

Hi bartvde,

I found another Problem with the "Loading-Panel".
If you add the LoadingPanel to a map which consists only of Google layer the
I know that the reason is that Googlelayer didnt fire a loadend event.

I solved the Problem for me by editing the draw function of the loading
panel where i set the display style to 'none'.
My drawfunction now looks like this:

	draw : function() {
		OpenLayers.Control.prototype.draw.apply(this, arguments);
		this.div.style.display = "none";
		return this.div;
	},

Is there a better way for solving this Problem?
I need this solution because in our application it is possible to add and
remove WMS layer.

With kind regards
Max Weidemann