[OpenLayers-Users] Bind Popup Window To A Marker

Brian Behling brian.behling at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 16:49:07 EDT 2009

Hello. I'm reading in an XML file to create points. I'm trying to assign a
popup window with separate content for each marker. When I use the code
below, it will only create a popup window for the last XML element in the
for loop. Can someone tell me how I can go about binding a popup window to a
marker, similar to what the bindinfowindow method does in google maps?

Thanks

var markers = new OpenLayers.Layer.Markers("Markers",
{displayInLayerSwitcher:true});

xmlDoc  = req.responseXML;
xmlValues = xmlDoc.getElementsByTagName("pt");

for ( var i = 0; i < xmlValues.length ; i++ ){

                map.addLayer(markers);
                lat = xmlValues[i].getAttribute("lat");
                lng = xmlValues[i].getAttribute("lon");
                var zip = xmlValues[i].getAttribute("zip");

                var content = zip;
                var popup = new OpenLayers.Popup("popup", new
OpenLayers.LonLat(parseXml.lng,parseXml.lat), new OpenLayers.Size(200,200))
                popup.setContentHTML(content);
                map.addPopup(popup);
                popup.setContentHTML;
                popup.hide();
                markers.events.register("mousedown", markers,
function(){popup.show()});
                markers.addMarker(new OpenLayers.Marker(new
OpenLayers.LonLat(lng,lat)));