[OpenLayers-Users] Transparent Overlays

Kalyan Kamepalli kalyan.kamepalli at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 20:10:40 EDT 2010

Hello Group,

I have a base layer and a couple of overlays. The base layer has some
objects to display and both the overlays have nothing to display. But the
total map shows nothing but just a white sceen. I suspect the overlays
hiding the base layer. How do I set these overlays transparent so that I can
see the base layer and on top of that these overlays ?

My WMS layer definitions are as below

var gisLayer = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS( 'Gis Layer' , wmsURL , { layers:
'gis', styles: 'Default', format: 'image/png' } , { buffer: 1 , isBaseLayer:
false } );
   var adminLayer = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS( 'Admin Layer' , wmsURL , {
layers: 'admin', styles: 'Default', format: 'image/png' } , { buffer: 1 ,
isBaseLayer: false } );
   var cadLayer = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS( 'Cadastre Layer' , wmsURL , {
layers: 'cadastre', styles: 'Default', format: 'image/png' } , { buffer: 1 ,
isBaseLayer: true} );

I am sorry, I have a very little knowledge in Java Script and so I keep
posting these little things.

Thanks,
Kalyan