[OpenLayers-Users] Newbie Question about releases

christopher.schmidt at nokia.com christopher.schmidt at nokia.com
Thu Jul 15 22:47:08 EDT 2010

On Jul 15, 2010, at 10:29 PM, ext Wendy Cameron wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Apologies for the Newbie question however I wanted to ask some questions about releases and checking openlayers out from subversion.
>
> When I use the command:
> svn checkout http://svn.openlayers.org/trunk/openlayers
> /
>
> I get 405 access denied.  So can anyone tell me how you check out the trunk of openlayers?

Does SVN work for you at all? Usually this would mean your'e behind a
proxy which blocks PROPFIND access, so you can't check out any SVN;
have you tried on a different network, or using a different HTTP proxy
or anything else?

This works for me.

> Secondly I have read about 2 branches openlayers currently has going.
> What are the release time frames for the
> 2.x branch
> and for 3.0 branch

"Whenever they're done." 2.x is likely "next 6 months", 3.x is likely
"before the sun explodes", but those are rough estimates.

> I have managed to check out 3.0 trunk from http://github.com/openlayers/openlayers.git
> However I am unable to figure out how to check out 2.x from this source system anyone tell me how to do that?
> I tried http://github.com/openlayers/openlayers/tree/2.x this is obviously wrong.

OpenLayers core/trunk is not maintained in git, just our playground for 3.x.
As such, the way to checkout the current 2.x work is via SVN.

-- Chris

> Regards Wendy
>
> This e-mail message and attachments do not necessarily reflect the views of
> the New Zealand Ministry of Justice and may contain
> information that is confidential and may be subject to legal privilege. If you
> are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you must not use,
> disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail message or its attachments. If you
> received this message in error, please notify the Ministry of Justice
> by telephone (call collect: 00-64-4-918-8800) or return the
> original message to us by e-mail, and destroy any copies.
> Thank you.

> <ATT00001..txt>

Christopher Schmidt
Nokia