[OpenLayers-Users] Newbie Question about releases

Wendy Cameron Wendy.Cameron at justice.govt.nz
Thu Jul 15 22:29:02 EDT 2010

Hi All,

Apologies for the Newbie question however I wanted to ask some questions about releases and checking openlayers out from subversion.

When I use the command:
svn checkout http://svn.openlayers.org/trunk/openlayers/ ( http://svn.openlayers.org/trunk/openlayers/ )
I get 405 access denied.  So can anyone tell me how you check out the trunk of openlayers?

Secondly I have read about 2 branches openlayers currently has going.
What are the release time frames for the
2.x branch
and for 3.0 branch

I have managed to check out 3.0 trunk from http://github.com/openlayers/openlayers.git
However I am unable to figure out how to check out 2.x from this source system anyone tell me how to do that?
I tried http://github.com/openlayers/openlayers/tree/2.x this is obviously wrong.

Regards Wendy

This e-mail message and attachments do not necessarily reflect the views of
the New Zealand Ministry of Justice and may contain
information that is confidential and may be subject to legal privilege. If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you must not use,
disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail message or its attachments. If you
received this message in error, please notify the Ministry of Justice
by telephone (call collect: 00-64-4-918-8800) or return the
original message to us by e-mail, and destroy any copies.
Thank you.