[OpenLayers-Users] Resolutions with Geowebcache and WMSGetFeatureInfo [Sec=Unclassified]

Miles Jordan Miles.Jordan at aad.gov.au
Fri Jul 30 00:43:41 EDT 2010

Tim Schaub wrote:
> Hi Miles-
>
> GeoWebCache supports the WMTS standard.  The WMTS standard defines a
> GetFeatureInfo method (with different semantics than the WMS
> GetFeatureInfo method).  OpenLayers (true) provides a WMTS layer.
> I've got a patch outstanding to add a WMTS GetFeatureInfo control.
> This, in my mind, is the way to get feature info from a tile service.
>
> A few tickets need addressing before this would be entirely useful to
> you.  You can watch this one if you're interested:
>
> http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/2678
>
> I'll try to find some time to finish that up in the near future.
>
> Tim

Hi Tim,

Thanks for sharing that information. I actually had no idea that the WMTS and WMS getFeatureInfo methods were that different. I'll keep an eye on that ticket for updates.

Regards,

Miles

    Australian Antarctic Division - Commonwealth of Australia
IMPORTANT: This transmission is intended for the addressee only. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are notified that use or dissemination of this communication is
strictly prohibited by Commonwealth law. If you have received this transmission in error,
please notify the sender immediately by e-mail or by telephoning +61 3 6232 3209 and
DELETE the message.
        Visit our web site at http://www.antarctica.gov.au/