[OpenLayers-Users] LayerSwitcher Event

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 10:34:39 EST 2011

Hello All -

I am trying to implement a layer change event as Eric Lemoine
describes below. At the end of my page initialization function I have
placed the code:

map.on({
   "changelayer": function(e) {
       if(e.property === "visibility") {
           alert("visibility changed (" + e.layer.name + ")");
});

But when the page is loaded I get the error:
  map.on is not a function

Am I not registering the event correctly, or can someone see what I am
doing worng?

Thanks,
Rich