[OpenLayers-Users] overlay google map

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Thu Jul 28 08:56:25 EDT 2011

You won't need proj4js. GeoServer can serve any layer in any SRS by default.

Set up your map like in this example: http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/google-v3.html

And then you simply do something like this:

map.addLayer(new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS(
    "mylayer", "http://path/to/geoserver/wms",
    {layers: "mylayer", format: "image/png"}
);

Andreas.

On Jul 28, 2011, at 14:50 , Nicholas Efremov-Kendall wrote:

> Hi Jaishankar,
>
> I don't know geoserver well, so I can't help you there. There should be plenty of examples if you google for the the proj4.js library.
> Here's the link to the OL documentation, which has a basic example. http://docs.openlayers.org/library/spherical_mercator.html?highlight=reprojection#working-with-projected-coordinates
>

> On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 6:46 AM, Jaishankar Madamshetty <Jaishankar.Madamshetty at infotech-enterprises.com> wrote:
> Hi Nicholas,
>

> I have setup my WMS layers in Geoserver. Please can you send me the sample code on how to do it in OL, otherwise please send me any links explaining this process?
>

> Regards,
>
> Jaishankar

Andreas Hocevar
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org/