[OpenLayers-Users] addLayer freezing browser

Carlos Krefft ckrefft at rsmas.miami.edu
Wed Mar 9 11:29:35 EST 2011

Does anyone know how to avoid browser freezing when adding a layer?

I'm using the layer "loadstart" and "loadend" events to turn on and off an
animated "waiting" gif. However, from the time of "loadstart" to "loadend"
the browser freezes so the gif does not animate and the user cannot do
anything until "loadend" is called. It's just a few seconds that it freezes
but still a bit annoying. I would like to refine the user's experience.

Does anyone know of any tricks that might help? Maybe emulating JavaScript
threading?

Kind Regards,

Carlos Krefft

Carlos Krefft

Software Development Engineer

Center for Southeastern Tropical Advanced Remote Sensing (CSTARS)

University of Miami

11811 SW 168th Street

Miami, FL 33177

 <mailto:ckrefft at rsmas.miami.edu> ckrefft at rsmas.miami.edu