[OpenLayers-Users] Limit of layers for SelectFeature Control?

Planet)x andrew.stewart at reddeer.ca
Sun Mar 13 11:00:52 EDT 2011

I am trying to use a SelectFeature control from my WFS but for some reason
there is a limit of layers. When I initialize it with an array of layers
[layer1, layer2, etc] it works fine except it only works with approximately
10 layers, anything more than that and the first layers I sent it stop
responding to the control/select events. Is there anyway around this, as if
I initialize the control with a vector layer containing multiple typenames
(I can add over 30 typenames and it still works with all of them).
Unfortunately my problem is I need to use the layerswitcher / ext tree
control so I can turn individual layers on/off. So I am creating many vector
layers and adding them to the map individually and sending them to the
select control also. If I create one vector layer with multiple typenames
this works .. they all respond to the control except now I can only add this
layer to the map off the start and I have to make all the individual
typenames visible so the select control works. So is there anyway to either
1- feed the select control more than 10+ layers, or can I turn vector
features on/off by typename or reset the typename attributes of the vector
layer and refresh it? Very much appreciate any advice on this problem!