[OpenLayers-Users] Re: Adding querystring parameter containing current map resolution

srweal srweal at gmail.com
Wed May 4 19:54:56 EDT 2011

For the moment, I've just modified by BBOX.js file and added the params
options into the following line of the triggerRead method.

this.response = this.layer.protocol.read({
  filter: this.createFilter(),
  callback: this.merge,
  scope: this,
  params: { 'res': this.layer.map.getResolution() }
});

This allows the BBOX strategy to send this additional info on every request,
so that my server code can work with it if required.

Not sure if there is a neater way of implementing this without modifying the
code OL code, but I'm pretty happy with this result.