[OpenLayers-Users] Styling geoJSON with SLD (ie convert SLD to stylemap)

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Tue Oct 18 06:11:24 EDT 2011

Hi,

take a look at the sld.html example (http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/sld.html). An untested snippet to create a vector layer with styles from your SLD could look like this:

var layerName = "myLayer"; // the NamedLayer from your SLD
OpenLayers.Request.GET({
    url: "tasmania/sld-tasmania.xml",
    success: function(req) {
        sld = format.read(req.responseText);
        var vector = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector(layerName, {
            styleMap: new OpenLayers.StyleMap(
                sld.namedLayers[layerName].userStyles[0];
            )
        });
        map.addLayer(vector);
    }
});

Andreas.

On Oct 16, 2011, at 21:57 , Phil Scadden wrote:

> I am moving a vector file from geoserver to local disk (a USB
> implementation using openlayers). In the past I have used used KML and
> extract styles, but I want to use geoJSON (more compact). I have
> perfectly good sld file on geoserver and I note that style.js is
> modelled on SLD. So is there an easy in which I can convert
> an SLD into a style or stylemap object for use with the data from geoJSON?
>
> Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential. If received in error please destroy and immediately notify us. Do not copy or disclose the contents.

Andreas Hocevar
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org/