[OpenLayers-Users] with no OpenLayers.Util.onImageLoadError, TileCache wrapDateLine has pink tiles

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Sat Jan 14 16:04:51 EST 2012

Hi,

to style the way tiles with unavailable images look, modify the
.olImageLoadError css class, e.g. like this:

.olImageLoadError { display: none; }

Now for the correct usage of wrapDateLine: true - it only works
correctly if set on the base layer, and if the base layer's
maxExtent's left and right bounds equal the world extent's. With other
words: don't use it for tile caches that only cover a subset of the
world in longitudinal direction.

Andreas.

On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 6:01 AM, Charlton Galvarino <charlton at 2creek.com> wrote:
> Hi, all.  I just grabbed the latest and greatest OL from github and see that
> OpenLayers.Util.onImageLoadError is no more.  One thing I noticed off the
> bat is that my TileCache layers (wrapDateLine : true) show pink tiles
> outside of the usual -180,-90,180,90 bounds.  That used to be handled by the
> onImageLoadError, but I’m not sure where to look now.
>

> I can reproduce this behavior in the tilecache.html example by commenting
> out the map’s resolutions (so you can zoom way out) and adding wrapDateLine
> : true to the layer’s config.  Not having the wrapDateLine works as
> advertised . . . no pink tiles.  But having it seems to break something.
>

> Am I missing something obvious?
>

> TIA.
>

> Charlton Galvarino
>
> 1 (803) 233-6205 : voice