[OpenLayers-Users] Problem with continuous/repeated vector display across dateline

cba216 cba216 at gmail.com
Sun May 6 13:04:57 EDT 2012

I am trying to display KML and GeoJSON files continously across the dateline.
This would be important, as I need a Pacific-centred view for my data. I
tried to use wrapDateLine, but this doesn't seem to work. Here is my code
for my faultlines-KML layer:

            //Faultlines
            var faultlines = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("Faultlines", {
                  projection: map.displayProjection,
                  strategies: [new OpenLayers.Strategy.Fixed()],
                  protocol: new OpenLayers.Protocol.HTTP({
                      url:
"http://xweb.geos.ed.ac.uk/~s1148194/earthquake/OpenLayers/plates.kml",
                      format: new OpenLayers.Format.KML({
                          extractStyles: true,
                          extractAttributes: true
                      })
                  })

              },
              {wrapDateLine: true}
              );

              map.addLayer(faultlines);

The URL to my map:
http://xweb.geos.ed.ac.uk/~s1148194/earthquake/OpenLayers/test.html

I'm new to OpenLayers, so any help is very much appreciated
Thanks,

Christian