[OpenLayers-Users] Unable to overlay a simple WFS

Smaran Harihar smaran.harihar at gmail.com
Mon May 21 10:05:20 PDT 2012

Hi Phil,

I was able to successfully configure the tomcat 6 and apache so that now
localhost/geoserver or localhost:8080/geoserver both open the Geoserver
admin page.

I thought now I will be able to open the WFS, but I am still getting the
error. I felt that I should use CORS but I am not sure how I should
configure it. I am using the following
tutorial<http://www.gistutor.com/geoserver/21-intermediate-geoserver-tutorials/38-configuring-geoserver-proxy-for-public-and-remote-data-access.html>.
It tells me that once I was able to configure tomcat and apache,
I should configure the proxy.

I am not sure now, should I go with CORS or with proxy. One of the forums
said the proxy is a decade old technology and I should go with CORS. Also
the configuration in the tutorial link is for RedHat or rpm based Linux. I
am on Ubuntu and so the cgi-bin folder in /var/www is not present in Ubuntu.

I know you are not working with proxy.cgi but I was hoping you knew how I
can find the cgi-bin file in Ubuntu.

Thanks & Regards,
Smaran Harihar

--