[OpenLayers-Users] WMSFeatureInfo not working on Firefox on Ubuntu 12.04

danny shevitz shevitz at lanl.gov
Tue May 29 13:06:05 PDT 2012

> Hi,
>
> Phil: Could this be the same issue as mine. Even i was not able to get it done.
>
> Danny: Of course I was not able to check on windows, but what is the error
that you are getting on your developer tool? Is it something related to
XMLHttpRequest not able to load.

A second related comment. From the browser on the server machine I can hit my
Geoserver directly, i.e. site.local/geoserver loads just fine.

The really annoying thing is that I get absolutely no error of any kind. It is
like the vector layer isn't registered. When I click the arrow cursor turns into
a fist for panning. It doesn't construct the vector layer like it is supposed
to. If I view the page under Firebug, there are *no* errors thrown. The lack of
clickability is completely silent. There is no trace of the GetFeatureInfo
request in the Net tab.

FWIW, I also tried this on Chrome and the map is still not clickable, leading me
to believe it is either a bug in Ubuntu 12.04 or else Openlayers, but not the
browser.

thanks,
Danny