[OpenLayers-Users] WMSFeatureInfo not working on Firefox on Ubuntu 12.04

danny shevitz shevitz at lanl.gov
Tue May 29 14:04:08 PDT 2012

Gery . <gamejihou at ...> writes:

> Hello Danny,I don't know if this will help you but I had a similar problem,
ie. my map was unclickable. I pressed almost everthing in my keyboard but
nothing, the thing never worked. After rechecking things, my mistake was that I
assigned the ip in my html and was trying to get the map through localhost, it
was quite silly the error but yes it happens sometimes. Perhaps something very
obvious is actually your problem, and the code might be right.HTH,Gery

Could you please be a little more specific? Everything in our application is
specified in terms of relative paths. e.g. app.local/geoserver. Which ip are you
referring to? I don't think we have any urls/ip's at all in our code, only in
the nginx configuration. I grep'ed out code and we have no mention of localhost
at all.

e.g. the get feature control is created via
control=new OpenLayers.Control.WMSGetFeatureInfo({url:'/geoserver/wms'...}

Also was you problem consistent with having the same server provide a clickable
map on another machine? The remote map works fine, it's the browser on the same
machine as the server that's the problem. If it were a problem that I specified
localhost somewhere, I would would expect a not working page on the remote
machine, exactly the opposite of what I have.

thanks,
Danny