[OpenLayers-Users] Future of OpenLayers or OL3

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Tue Nov 20 13:59:10 PST 2012

> In general I think there are two separate issues here:
>
> 1. is it safe to enable webgl in my browser, which is a personal choice
As far as I can see, you have to dance through hoops to disable webGL in
FF and Chrome and its on by default there. Nor can see whether you can
enable on site basis.
> 2. totally separate is whether or not OpenLayers should keep up with
> HW/SW standards
Khronos issuing a specification and hoping people will implement it is a
far cry from W3C and/or ISO issuing a standard. If it gets adopted by
W3C then I would agree.

I should say however, that I would dearly love to have the functionality
as I have an application for it (looking at geological volumes). I'm not
so sure about taking functionality over security.