[OpenLayers-Users] WMSGetFeatureInfo show data from other layer in custom popup

Paul Meems bontepaarden at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 02:46:19 PST 2012

 I have two layers:
* Buildings
* Roof tops

I now have implemented OpenLayers.Control.WMSGetFeatureInfo on the roof
tops layer.
This works great and a popup is shown with the data.

I want to change this so that WMSGetFeatureInfo works on the Buildings
layer.
I know how to do that, but instead of showing the data of the building I
want to show the data of the roof tops that belong to that building.
I can get the roof tops using the building ID but how do I make
WMSGetFeatureInfo fill my popup with the roof top data?

I think I need to call a php-file that returns a json string with the data.
I'm doing something similar when looking for addresses.
I also need to change the popup so that every roof top gets its own tab.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul