[OpenLayers-Users] Property 'namespaceURI'

Jerome A. Wendell jawendell at suddenlink.net
Tue Aug 6 07:28:56 PDT 2013

I am using OpenLayers Version 2.12 and GeoServer Version 2.2.4, and recently
encountered a problem with Internet Explorer 10.  The map displays and
functions correctly in every other browser, and I have tested it in IE 7, 8
and 9, Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Opera.  The error appears to be generated
from my GML parser.  The error message is as follows:

Error: TypeError: Unable to get property 'namespaceURI' of undefined or null
reference

The protocol for the layer being read is defined as follows:

wfsProtocol = new OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS({

                                version: "1.1.0",

                                url:
"http://mydomain:8080/geoserver/my_data/wfs",

                                featureType: "mylayer", //name of the
geoserver layer

                                featureNS: "myworkspace URI", //edit
workspace namespace URI

                                featurePrefix: "myworkspace", //geoserver
workspace name

                                geometryName: "the_geom",

                                srsName: "EPSG:4326",

                                scope: strategy

                });

My GML parser is defined as follows:

                var gmlParser = new OpenLayers.Format.GML.v3({

                                featureNS: "myworkspace URI",

                                featureType: "mylayer",

                                geometryName: "the_geom"

                });

I have tried changing some of the properties, but nothing has worked.  If I
run IE 10 in compatibility mode, it works fine.  Has anyone else encountered
this problem with IE 10, and if so what did you do to fix it?

Thanks,

Jerome Wendell