[OpenLayers-Users] FrameCloud in OpenLayers

Alexandre Dubé adube at mapgears.com
Fri Jul 26 05:47:51 PDT 2013

Hi,

   Control div areas are draggable.  You could look at Control.js
'allowSelection' property to see how it works.  Out of curiosity, I
tried to do the same to the popup div, i.e. I did :

popup.div.className += " olControlNoSelect";
popup.div.setAttribute("unselectable", "on", 0);
popup.div.onselectstart = OpenLayers.Function.False;

   but it didn't work.  There must be something I'm missing.

   For your map js engine, I think you're best to extend OpenLayers to
make it do what you want.  Avoid modifying the source code itself as it
becomes harder to upgrade to new versions in the future.

HTH,

Alexandre

On 13-07-25 10:34 PM, maven apache wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I created a FramedCloud
> <http://dev.openlayers.org/releases/OpenLayers-2.13.1/doc/apidocs/files/OpenLayers/Popup/FramedCloud-js.html> using
> OpenLayers, and I meet some problems during the dragging.
>
> Check this
> <https://www.diigo.com/item/p/prpopsbzbqdobqcrozbassddqa/aa26410570325361fc2b7ea93aa0b646>,the
> `black` area is not draggable, It will cause some bad experience for
> the user.
>
> Is there any idea to fix it?
>

> BTW, we have our own map source data and related service, now we want
> to create a map library for the end user like the `google map` or
> `bing map`. But it is hard to create a library from the bottom level.
> So we wonder if we can take some advantage of  OpenLayers. If so, we
> have two choices:
>
> 1) make the openlayer as the underlayer.
>
> We create every component under our namespace like
> `com.xx.Map,com.xx.TileLayer,com.xx.Event`, then use OpenLayers to do
> the implement work..
> For example:
>
> com.xx.Map=function(xx){
>   this.underlayer=new OpenLayers.Map({.....});
> }
>
> 2) Extract the components we need from openLayers and modify them
> accordingly.
>
> Which is better?

Alexandre Dubé
Mapgears