[osgeo4w-dev] osgeo4w - Mapbender integration

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Mar 13 10:52:20 EDT 2008

Hello Astrid,

I am glad to hear you are interested in maintaining the Mapbender
package for osgeo4w.  Assefa and I worked yesterday on modifying the
installer for the ms4w-packages, and in fact you can grab a new
setup.exe (http://download.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/osgeo4w-setup.exe) which
points to the "MapServer OGC Web Services Workshop" package (which was
also an ms4w add-on package).  So you can download that bzip package for
that ogc workshop and follow its structure, which is very similar to the
ms4w structure for your Mapbender package
(http://download.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/release/).  My goal is to port all
MS4W add-on packages, so your timing is great.  You should follow the
packaging instructions (http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo4W_Packaging)
and then let one of us know when you are ready to move the package to
the download server.

I'd like to see the following MS4W packages as part of OSGeo4W, with a
package maintainer/volunteer for each...so everyone please volunteer
like Astrid!  :

ArcIMS emulator (?)
Chameleon (me)
dBox MapServer (?)
FIST (?)
Fusion (Assefa)
GeoMOOSE (Brian Fischer)
ka-Map (me)
Mapbender (Astrid),
MapServer Itasca Demo (me)
OpenLayers (?)
Gmap (me)
p.mapper (?)

     ? means that I have been packaging it for MS4W.  And if no
volunteers step up for osgeo4w I will continue to package them.

thanks again Astrid!

-jeff