[osgeo4w-dev] Problem with TIFFSetField in libtiff.dll

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Feb 5 09:54:07 EST 2009

Agustin Lobo wrote:
> FRank,
>
> Yes, moving away from system32 the libtiff.dll file solved the problem with QGIS
> I also have
> libjpeg.dll, libpng.dll and libpcd.dll in system32,  should I move
> away these files as well?

Agus,

There should be no conflict with libjpeg.dll as we name our dll
jpeg_osgeo.dll to avoid conflicts.  Likewise it does not appear we
conflict with libpng.dll as we have libpng-3.dll, libpng12-0.dll and
png_osgeo.dll (why so many versions!)

I am not familiar with libpcd.dll, but it isn't obvious that there
is any conflict with it either.

> Nevertheles, running gdalinfo -version as you said gives the following:
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\WIN-XP>gdalinfo -version
> ERROR 1: Can't load requested DLL: C:\OSGeo4W\bin\gdalplugins\gdal_GRASS.dll
> 126: No se puede encontrar el m¾dulo especificado.
>
> ERROR 1: Can't load requested DLL: C:\OSGeo4W\bin\gdalplugins\gdal_GRASS.dll
> 126: No se puede encontrar el m¾dulo especificado.

I'm not too sure what is up here.  Normally if you install the
GRASS gdal plugin I would expect the installer to take care of installing
all the required components.

> ERROR 1: Can't load requested DLL: C:\OSGeo4W\bin\gdalplugins\gdal_SDE.dll
> 126: No se puede encontrar el m¾dulo especificado.
>
> ERROR 1: Can't load requested DLL: C:\OSGeo4W\bin\gdalplugins\gdal_SDE.dll
> 126: No se puede encontrar el m¾dulo especificado.

Do you have SDE installed on your system?   This plugin only works if
you have otherwise installed additional SDE components that we cannot
distribute.  A similar pattern applies for oracle, and ecw.

> Also, when you say (in ticket #48)
> " I now added a preremove script to the qgis packages that removes
>  the links from startmenu and desktop (and also fixed #48)"
>
> Does this mean that we have to download another copy of osgeo4w-setup.exe ?

I believe this was written by Jurgen, but if it was a change in the
qgis package postinstall scripts you would not need a new installer.
You would just need to let the installer upgrade to the latest package
version.