Re: [osgeo4w-dev] Problems re-installing on WinXP 64

Lucena, Ivan ivan.lucena at pmldnet.com
Wed Jan 14 14:24:28 EST 2009

Hi Matt, Frank,

So in ideal situation, if I delete my one and only "E:/OSGeo4W" and run the installer again I should be able to select
for example

- \Desktop\OpenEV

The installer should take care of the dependencies. I can see that GDAL command line tools is automatically selected
in that case. But the package:

- \Libs\OGDI

Is not automatically select and when I run gdalinfo for the first time on the OSGeo shell it crash because of
ogdi_32b1.dll not found. I can see on the process monitor the loading sequence:

E:\OSGeo4w\bin\gdalinfo.exe SUCCESS
E:\OSGeo4W\bin\gdal15.dll SUCCESS
E:\OSGeo4W\bin\ogdi_32b1 NAME NOT FOUND

That means to me two things:

- GDAL15 was build with OGDI dependence.
- The installer is failing to auto select the OGDI package.

I run again and install OGDI then the problem is zlib_osgeo.dll

By the way, I follow you advise and check the environment variables. Actually that is what I did with the PATH:

set PATH=E:\OSGeo4w\bin

So that there is no way to get the wrong dll loaded. I guess.

Then I added zlib package and the problem now is proj_fw.dll.

I don't know what is the package that contains pro_fw.dll in fact I can't even find it on another win32 computer
that has OSGeo4W working fine with OpenEV, GDAL15 and GDAL16.

That is it, I am done. There is nothing else that I can do. I need to continue my work with the GDAL Java API so I
will build it from GDAL trunk and forget about OSGeo4w on that machine for a while.

Thank you both very much,

Ivan