[osgeo4w-dev] Problem with OSGEO4W Install

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Tue Mar 10 15:40:11 EDT 2009

Hi Bob,

On Tue, 10. Mar 2009 at 13:31:28 -0500, Bruce, Bob (CON) wrote:
> And the command line window showed that the DLL MSVDP71D.dll was missing.

That looks like a bug, as the debug versions of the VC libraries are not
redistribuable.

> Since I really didn?t need the SDE capabilities of GDAL I moved the
> gdal_SDE.dll and ogr_SDE.dll files out of the
> C:\OSGeo4w\bin\gdalplugins folder. Has this problem been addressed? I
> tried finding a copy of MSVDP71D.dll but was unable to find one.

If you don't need SDE, you shouldn't install the GDAL plugins for it, as
some GDAL plugins need additional proprietary software.  SDE is an
example for that[1], ECW is another[2].

Jürgen

[1] http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/wiki/pkg-gdal-sde90
[2] http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/wiki/pkg-gdal-ecw

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-20

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden