[osgeo4w-dev] Unattended install

Jeremy Palmer JPalmer at linz.govt.nz
Fri May 7 19:50:44 EDT 2010

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the advice. I created the setup.ini.bz2 but that didn't make any difference. Actually I may have made a mistake in my original command. I think it should have been:

C:\Dev\SPI\OSGeo4W>setup.exe -q -a --local-install --root C:\Dev\SPI\Test -l C:\Dev
\SPI\OSGeo4W\

Rather than:

C:\Dev\SPI\OSGeo4W>setup.exe -q -a --local-install --root C:\Dev\SPI\Test -l C:\Dev
\SPI\OSGeo4W\release

as the release folder get automatically added. This still does not fix the issue. I believe the problem is that by default no packages are selected for install. Maybe another command line option is required to install all packages or a subset of...?

Your apt programme looks pretty nice. To get it working for my local install I need to fix 195 line in apt.py from:

    localFile = file(os.path.join(downloads + url), 'rb')

to:

    localFile = file(os.path.join(downloads, url), 'rb')

Thanks,

Jeremy Palmer
Geodetic Surveyor
National Geodetic Office

Land Information New Zealand | Toitu te whenua
160 Lambton Quay | Private Box 5501 | Wellington 6145

DDI: 64 (0)4 498 3537 | Fax: 64 (0)4 498 3837 | www.linz.govt.nz

This message contains information, which is confidential and may be subject to legal privilege.
If you are not the intended recipient, you must not peruse, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message.
If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately (Phone 0800 665 463 or info at linz.govt.nz) and destroy the original message.
LINZ accepts no responsibility for changes to this email, or for any attachments, after its transmission from LINZ.

Thank you.