[osgeo4w-dev] python modules

Matt Wilkie matt.wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Thu May 19 18:38:31 EDT 2011

Hi John,

There isn't yet an integrated method for installing python extras which
aren't part of the osgeo4w package system. A route that does work with a
bit extra twiddling is to register the o4w python as the system default
python[1], after which you can use the standard installers. If that
doesn't work or isn't acceptable you'll have to manually put it in
python's site-packages directory (there may be some more steps than
that. I'm not familiar with pygments).

[1] http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/ticket/114 - doesn't work on 64bit
systems, but if you study the .reg files one directory up you can see
how to make your own reg file to import manually.

matt wilkie
Geomatics Analyst
Information Management and Technology
Yukon Department of Environment