[osgeo4w-dev] Proposing OrfeoToolbox integration in OSGeo4W

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Oct 20 13:04:21 EDT 2011

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 9:43 AM, Julien Malik <julien.malik at c-s.fr> wrote:
> I have two packages ready: otb-bin and otb-python
> They are tar.bz (compressed with the tar of msys), and next to them are the
> corresponding setup.hint files.
>
> Do you see anything wrong in this ?

Julien,

Based on a quick glance they seem ok to me.

> How can I test this ?

The normal practice is to upload them to the OSGeo4W release
tree along with the setup.hint, and rebuild the *test* setup.ini file.
The test regen is done with the following url (with obvious adjustments):

  http://download.osgeo.org slash cgi-bin slash osgeo4w-regen.sh

(I'm obscuring it a bit to avoid link followers triggering it frequently)

Once the regen runs you will have a page with another link to
promote the result to "release".  Don't following this link immediately.

Then you can do an install using the test installer.  I think I use the
normal installer, but with the -t flag though there may be other ways
to do this.  Once you are happy with the result, then follow the link on
the regen page to promote the test setup.ini file to production.

Note that other packages who happen to be doing stuff at the same time
can end up promoting your changes and vice versa.  Hopefully that isn't
usually too serious.