[osgeo4w-dev] ANN: Python 2.7.4

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Wed Apr 24 09:00:13 PDT 2013

Hi James,

On Wed, 24. Apr 2013 at 03:21:09 -0700, jamesstott wrote:
> Is there a longer term solution to this as I dont want to keep renaming a
> DLL each time I want to load ArcGIS/QGIS? It all worked fine until
> yesterday.

Move it somewhere only ArcGIS will find it (eg. ArcGIS' bin).  Just like
OSGeo4W uses it's own bin and doesn't polute the whole system with potentially
outdated stuff.

Unfortunately system32 cannot be overridden by PATH, so whatever is there comes
first...

> Also, renaming the dll doesn't fix the error when running of a python script
> at the OSGeo4W command line.

Which script were you trying to run?

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-31

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden