[osgeo4w-dev] GSoC - OSGeo4W 2013 Weekly reports #1

Lord Flaubert Steve Ataucuri Cruz lord.ataucuri at ucsp.edu.pe
Fri Jun 21 09:13:34 PDT 2013

Hi All

I am Steve Ataucuri and my GsoC project is "Extend OSGeo4W Installer"

These are the tasks that I've been doing during this week:

Work done in week 17-21 June

* What Do I did this week?

  1. I understood the structure of OSGeo4W Installer
  2. I also setuped a local virtual machine with Windows envirotment
and all the tools needed in order to getting a build of setup.exe
  3. I fixed some errors of setup.exe and I sent my changes to svn server:

   - I included a hack implementation of _fstati64() because at
linking time presents  some problems with Cygwin/Mingw libraries.[1]
   - I fixed the linking to res.o object when make program try to
build setup.exe it presents some problems, I solved removing the
codepage in res_* files to use UTF-8 enconding for multilanguage
support [2]

    - I updated the iniparse.yy file, it has some incompatible changes
with the new version of Automake 1.2 and YACC & LEX support.[3]
    - I removed some obsolete macros in configure.in file, too it was
moved to newer configure.ac [4]
    - I fixed the static library path of libbz2.a and libz.a in
Makefile.am file [5]

* What will I be working the next week?
   -   Next week I need to prepare the new windows dialogs for new
version of installer.
   -   I will update the wiki of the project to build the new setup.

* Did I meet with any stumbling  blocks?

  Definitely yes, some problems with the installation of Installer but
are already solved, many times I needed to read a lot before changing
a line of the code of setup installer.

[1] https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/changeset/1207
[2] https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/changeset/1208
[3] https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/changeset/1209