[osgeo4w-dev] GSoC - OSGeo4W 2013 Weekly reports #1

Matt Wilkie matt.wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Fri Jun 21 11:01:05 PDT 2013

Hi Steve,

Thank you for doing this work, and especially for the high level
reporting of your experience as you go along. As someone who doesn't
work on or understand the inner operations of setup.exe, it sheds let on
places I don't normally go.

With regards to the optional possibility of adding an uninstall feature,
you may or may not find do_uninstall() of apt useful (though it relies
on post_install() having adding the menu shortcuts etc. to the installed
files database).

http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/browser/trunk/apt/apt.py#L508
http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/browser/trunk/apt/apt.py#L894

cheers,