[osgeo4w-dev] Removing Java

Julien Malik julien.malik at c-s.fr
Tue Dec 8 08:20:42 PST 2015

Hi,

I would like to, in the mid-term (say in a few months), integrate SNAP
and the Sentinel Toolboxes [1] in OSGeo4W.

Currently we distribute installers with the jre included, but making it
available in OSGeo4W is on my todo-list.
It would make lots of sense since I've already seen QGIS Processing
plugins with SNAP as a backend. Also SNAP provides Python bindings, but
our installers do not embed any interpreter.

It needs Java 8.

Cheers,
Julien

[1] http://step.esa.int/main/