[Live-demo] Installation issues of GISVM on xubuntu 8.04

Tom Callaghan tom.callaghan at click2try.com
Wed Oct 7 13:13:09 PDT 2009

Hello Cameron,

Aneel and Arun are both in Hyderabad India.

We are very close to having a development version for you to look at.  The
current development version is working on a single layered appliance.  This
means that every time we provision a new instance of the appliance for a
user it takes about 5 minutes to make a copy of the appliance for the user
to use.  When the user leaves and comes back into click2try, it does not
take that time to provision it again.  Aneel is currently working on
implementing it as a multi-layered appliance which simply means that each
time we provision a new appliance for a user, only a small copy-on-write
(COW) file is created.  This is what takes our provisioning down to 45
seconds.  I will set up the current development version for you to look at
inside our click2try environment.  I should have it finished by the morning.

Tom