[Live-demo] Re: Goals and schedule for OSGeo-Live 4.5

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Thu Dec 9 15:46:25 PST 2010

On 12/09/2010 01:53 PM, Hamish wrote:
> activityworkshop wrote:
>>> Very cool, great job!
>
> thanks, luckily we have the adhoc server to play with.
>
>>> Just a question about the images, it seems to have
>>> ignored the image formatting options like:
>>> :scale: 50 %
>>> :align: right
>
> right, I saw that but wasn't sure if the layout had changed in
> the control files or not. guess not.
>
>>> so such images which should be small and on the right
>>> are huge and on the left. Those images are properly
>>> sized/aligned in the docs on the DVD, and when I built the
>>> docs using the OSGeo Live DVD, it didn't have that problem
>>> either. Maybe it's a sphinx version thing, or maybe a
>>> stylesheet thing?
>
> Cameron wrote:
>> I think this would be a sphinx version problem, which has
>> been noticed before by people running debian,
>
> the problem we (ie Jody and myself) saw before was older versions
> of sphinx choking the "%" in "scale: 50 %". This is something
> different..
>
>> (adhoc.osgeo.osuosl.org is running debian 5.0.4). I
>> understand that debian has an older version of sphinx than
>> on ubuntu 10.04 that we run on osgeo-live.
>
> yes, but someone installed the latest sphinx 1.0.4 on the server,
>
> On December 5 Hamish wrote:
>>> sphinx there will be version 1.0.4. (who's been installing
>>> custom stuff to /usr instead of /usr/local on the server?
>>> grumble)
>
> so it is running that not the 0.4.2 that comes with Lenny.
> FWIW, sphinx 0.6.3 and 0.6.6 are available for Lenny from
> the backports.org debian repositories. Ubuntu/Lucid shipped with
> version 0.6.4.
>
> I wonder if sphynx changed the syntax on us or if it's a bug in
> the bleeding edge version? or...?
>
> I'll look into a user-space parallel of sphinx 0.6.. mmmph
>

> Hamish

Backports should be enabled on that server(adhoc), it shouldn't be a big
issue to install from there. Though we might want to check if anyone
else on adhoc is using sphinx before upgrading it.

I noticed it back when we built the last DVD, and think it's just a
change in sphinx and we should just go with the newer version.