[Live-demo] Re: [Geodata] Natural Earth on the OSGeo-Live DVD

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 15:24:21 PST 2010

On 15/12/2010 6:30 AM, Nathaniel V. KELSO wrote:
> Cameron,
>
> Yes, I'm best point of contact for Natural Earth.
Excellent.
> So you need two pages?
> http://live.osgeo.org/overview/openlayers_overview.html
> http://live.osgeo.org/quickstart/openlayers_quickstart.html
The Overview would be very valuable, but the quickstart is targeted at
applications rather than datasets, so I suggest Quickstart is not required.

Of note, the template we have provided is targeted at applications, and
may need to be adjusted in places for a dataset description.

I've created a new line item in our status spreadsheet for
"naturalearth". As you go through the process of getting naturalearth
included, it would be good if you could update this spreadsheet (you can
start by adding your name down as a contact):
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Al9zh8DjmU_RdGIzd0VLLTBpQVJuNVlHMlBWSDhKLXc&hl=en_GB#gid=8

If you have any questions, please ask.

> The overview page should be easy. The quickstart I'm a little less
> clear on. Is this needed? Or something that just walks someone thru
> adding a couple layers to QGIS?
>
> What is your deadline? Hopefully after the holidays...
We'd like Overviews complete by 24 January 2011, but if you can complete
sooner, than would be better, in order to give volunteers time to review
and translate. There are more details about the next release, including
schedule in our last press release here:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc_Press_Release_11