[Live-demo] Language support for the Live Project

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 12:15:42 PST 2010

Regarding picking languages for the LiveDVD,

My suggestion is that we include the languages for which there are
translations in the packages, and the live DVD.

I have a list of OSGeo translators from FOSS4G who I can ask for help
from, once we have decided what should be translated.

As FOSS4G is in Spain this year, I think we should start with Spanish.

I think this release 3.0 we should consider translations experimental
(mainly because our documentation is pretty crappy in English and needs
be cleaned up before we put in huge efforts into translation). So it
would probably be wise to only focus on one language initially, unless
one of our translators is prepared to burn lots of time.