[Live-demo] Re: logs for 3.0alpha2 release

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Sat Jan 16 12:32:19 PST 2010

Cameron Shorter wrote:
> On 14/01/2010 5:47 PM, Alex Mandel wrote:
>> I'm downloading and setting up my base vm for 9.10 now and should have a
>> clean build attempt on Fri (US PST). Once I get my server setup I should
>> be able to do fresh runs 1-2x a day as needed.
>>
>> I'm still poking at alternate ways to build the disc, and reading the up
>> to date recommendations from Ubuntu on the topic. Depending on the
>> approach a build-bot is a good goal if not for this version then for the
>> next.
>>

> Alex, could you please set the next release to 3.0-alpha4, I'm currently
> packaging up 3.0-alpha3

Sure, thats no problem.

I did run into a slight snag which might delay me posting a new image
for a few days. VMware on my server does not appear to get along with
the kernel in 9.10 or something, as the graphical login is stuck, it
accepts the password looks to load and the kicks back out. Looks like I
might need to upgrade VMware. Anyone else run across this issue?
CLI login works fine, and the install went fine. (Maybe auto login will
help)

The good news is that the image works fine on Virtualbox on my laptop so
I can at least debug some scripts this weekend.