[Live-demo] Last Call for PostGIS Datasets

Brian Hamlin maplabs at light42.com
Sun Jul 18 20:41:49 PDT 2010

On Jul 18, 2010, at 8:15 PM, Cameron Shorter wrote:

> Brian,
> I hear what you are saying about the natural earth having bland data
> to work with.
>
> I suggest that since we haven't much time for this release, go with
> the natural earth dataset, and potentially get a better dataset with
> the next release.
>
> Best to go for the simple and achievable right now, and improve later.

true
and, minutes ago, Mark Leslie initiated a contact with someone in Spain
regarding a decent data set...

how about...
I go ahead and add Natural Earth..
it will be there in any event, with little penalty, since its only 12MB

then in the next few days
if something spanish-friendy shows up, we can work with that

Somehow, parcel records from Oregon seem uniquely out of place for
Barcelona
:-)

best regards from Berkeley
   -Brian