[Live-demo] 4.0 rc5 build

Daniel Kastl daniel.kastl at georepublic.de
Tue Jul 27 22:00:06 PDT 2010

Hi Alex,

Somehow I still have a problem with one part of the pgRouting install script
(building the sample data).
The log says (from line 4036):

create pgrouting database
add PostGIS functions
add pgRouting core functions
add pgRouting TSP functions
unpack sample data
Run osm2pgrouting converter (this may take a while)
host=127.0.0.1 user=user dbname=pgrouting port=5432
connection failed

The database is there, all required PostGIS/pgRouting funtions as well.
Last week I actually thought I found the reason and removed the initial
"sudo -u $USER_NAME" (line 120 in install_pgrouting.sh).
I tested it on the VM and when I run "osm2pgrouting" with "sudo" I get the
"connection failed" error, when I run it without it works.

I updated SVN already a few days ago, but could you make sure that
your install_pgrouting.sh was the latest one and has no "sudo -u $USER_NAME"
in line 120?

Daniel