[Live-demo] 4a4 first impression

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 00:32:45 PDT 2010

On 22/06/10 17:22, Alex Mandel wrote:
> On 06/22/2010 12:02 AM, Brian Hamlin wrote:
>
>> I downloaded the vdk/omf
>> used virtual box on Debian lenny 64bit amd
>> converted to virtual box format (long operation)
>>

> Virtual Box does not require such a conversion it can use vmdk directly.

What was available was actually a direct export from VirtualBox already.
So yes, you should be able to directly import.

>> running it, with additional RAM (1296M)
>>
>> * opened Postgres PGAdmin
>>    Sydney and Medford dbs both appear to be missing their data
>>    they exist, but only two supporting tables are there.. ??
>>
>> * quick search for all .shp files and all.sql files did not reveal any
>> data for them
>>
> Those data sets are slated to be replaced as soon as we get around to it
> with a generic osm dump (for this year it's barcelona) called something
> like city.osm. Any volunteers?

I'd love someone to work this out asap, because the postgis error logs
are huge, and it seems to really slow down the build process.

>> --
>> * can't ssh in
>>    installed ssh meta package, and openssl-server specifically
>>    but, ssh connection is refused.. X or no X
>>    someone may say that this is a good thing
>>    well, if you have a 'user/user' type login, why not enable login?
>>    I booted off a headless server, and wanted to ssh in to the running VM
>>    a better balance could be struck here...

ssh-server should be enabled (I was sshing into the image before I
exported it).
It might be disabled by an import process.