[Live-demo] osgeo live documentation as a booklet/handout

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Sun Dec 4 19:26:49 PST 2011

On 12/04/2011 06:59 PM, maning sambale wrote:
> Dear everyone,
>
> We are exploring the idea of creating a small booklet using the
> materials from the OSGeo Live documentation similar to what OSGeo
> Japan's FOSS4G Handbook [0].  We think that there is possible demand
> for such printed material we can include when distributing the the
> Live DVD here in the Philippines.  Before we do this, I want to ask if
> there is a similar efforts already and perhaps we can collaborate in
> re-formatting the documentation into a print ready format.
>
> [0] http://www.slideshare.net/Yoichi_gmf/foss4g/3

We've talked about this before and had it in mind when working on the
documentation. It should be as simple as writing a different style sheet
for sphinx and directing the output to a different format. I think
sphinx has support for latex which can then be piped to pdf or something
similar.

We would be happy to host the style files in svn along with the web styles.