[OSGeo-Discuss] Re: [Live-demo] Java apps: better get working on your OpenJDK port ...

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 16:58:43 PST 2011

See the link I sent earlier[1]; it seems that this is more to do with OpenJDK being the reference implementation going forward.

The license / distribution trouble was always in place ... and they had a workaround going. Now that OpenJDK is reference implementation; they are starting to retire their workaround.
--
Jody Garnett
[1] http://blogs.computerworlduk.com/simon-says/2011/12/why-java-isnt-dead-on-ubuntu/index.htm