[Live-demo] Please publicly state acceptance of osgeo-live license for license audit

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 03:49:57 PDT 2011

Johannes,
Unfortunately, just because content is available under LGPL, doesn't
mean that it can also be relicenced under a Creative Commons license.

Could you please either:
1. Note that the authors and/or owners of the LGPL sections that you are
making use of have given permission for you to re-license under Creative
Commons Attribution / Creative Common Share Alike.

or

2. Note that only a small portion of the content used in the Overview /
Quickstart comes from the LGPL source, and as such, it can be used under
the terms of Fair Use [1] and Fair Dealing [2]

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_dealing

On 25/07/11 18:04, Johannes Wilden wrote:
> I confirm that my past contributions of deegree to OSGeo-Live may be
> used under the current OSGeo-Live license guidelines.
> I confirm that my future contributions will be compatible with the
> OSGeo-Live license guidelines at the time of contribution.
> The current OSGeo-Live license guidelines are:
> * Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License for
> Quickstarts
> * Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License for Project
> Overviews
> * A version of LGPL for install scripts
> * One of the OSI approved Open Source licenses for installed
> applications
>
> I have checked the contents of OSGeo-Live Project Overviews
> &  Quickstarts for deegree, and as far as I can tell, all source material
> can be legally included under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0
> Unported License for Project Overviews, and Creative Commons
> Attribution-ShareAlike  3.0 Unported License for Quickstarts.
>
> The<Project Overview / Quickstart>  incorporates content from
> http://wiki.deegree.org which currently is licensed under LGPL.
>
> Kind regards,
> Johannes Wilden

Geospatial Director