[Live-demo] 5.0alpha2 build logs

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Mon Jun 27 11:36:16 PDT 2011

Hi,

About the GDAL internal libtiff (4.0) and system libtiff (3.X) issue, I can
confirm that Julien's patch should be safe. GDAL 1.8.1 (to be released soon
hopefully) will incorporate a patch similar to Julien's (the only difference is
that in the 1.8.1's patch a warning will be emitted, whereas Julien's silents
it completely). See http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/4101

This however doesn't fix the core issue of linking to 2 different version of
libtiff that can work or not depending on linking order. Not sure if we can say
that it is "GDAL's fault" by the way. More a broader issue of duplicated
symbols due to apps linking to different versions of the same lib.

Best regards,

Even