[Live-demo] create pdf documentation

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 13:31:51 PST 2012

On 15/12/12 15:41, Luca Delucchi wrote:

>>> what is the error?
>>> right now also a template for pdf is missine
>>>
>> Sounds like I should wait for the template. I'm not sure what in the logs
>> refer to the error, here are some snippets: ...
> templates committed with r9437.
> For a complete testing I suggest you to rename index.rst in something
> else (like index.rst.old)

Tested, it works ok.
Can you please "svn rm index.rst ; svn commit index.rst" as index.rst is
not being used any more and it will confuse future maintainers to see it
still in the directory.

>> (/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/base/t1enc.def)
>> kpathsea: Running mktextfm ecrm1095
>> /usr/share/texmf/web2c/mktexnam: Could not map source abbreviation for
>> ecrm1095.
>> /usr/share/texmf/web2c/mktexnam: Need to update ?

>> ! Font T1/cmr/m/n/10.95=ecrm1095 at 10.95pt not loadable: Metric (TFM) file
>> not
>>   found.
>> <to be read again>
>>                     relax
>> l.100 \fontencoding\encodingdefault\selectfont
>>
>> ? ^C! Interruption.
>> extract at font ...ont font at name external at font relax
>>                                                    font at name relax csname
>> f at e...
>> l.100 \fontencoding\encodingdefault\selectfont
>>

>> ?
>>
> for pdf creation you need latex and pdflatex and launch it with (make latexpdf)
> During compilation of latex I have some errors (stopping of
> compilation) but you can pass them clicking Enter.
> The first one is related to liblapage (I need to check more about
> this problem), and the others are related to some strange encoding
> into name of  Agustín Díez, Roberto Antolín but I don't understand
> really well (also here some more complex checks are needed)
>
> Tell me asap about compilation (specially the html one) :-)
>
> regards

Luca,
I can confirm that html docs seems to continue to be getting built ok,
which is good news. You are not breaking any existing functionality.

I have latex and pdflatex installed, but am getting what seem to be errors:

! LaTeX Error: File `fancybox.sty' not found.

Type X to quit or <RETURN> to proceed,
or enter new name. (Default extension: sty)

Enter file name:

! LaTeX Error: File `titlesec.sty' not found.