[Live-demo] Update OSGeo-Live docs & install scripts by 30 Jan 2012 (two weeks)

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 03:12:23 PST 2012

Could all projects which are to be updated since last OSGeo-Live
release, please update Project Overviews, Quickstarts and ensure the
application installer loads the correct version of software.

Once finished, update our status sheet. [1]

We'd like docs updated in time for translators by Monday 30 January
2012, in two weeks.

    <http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php?title=Live_GIS_Disc_Press_Release_25&action=edit&section=2>Project
    Overviews [2]:

  * Ensure that the version is the same in the status sheet [1] and
    installed application
  * If required, updated the feature list or text
  * Once complete, update the status sheet [1] to "5.5draft"
  * I'll review all Overviews set to "5.5draft"

    <http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php?title=Live_GIS_Disc_Press_Release_25&action=edit&section=3>Quickstarts
    [3]:

  * If required, update the Quickstart text, then set status in
    spreadsheet to "5.5draft"
  * Test that the quickstart works in a recent OSGeo-Live release, and
    if the Quickstart works as expected, update the "Tested by" column
    in the status sheet [1] to "5.5<yourname>". Report any errors to the
    application's developer and/or developer community and/or osgeo-live
    email list.
  * Have a independent person check the quickstart and add name to the
    "Tested by" column.

    Installers [4]:

  * Application installers should be updated to install the stable
    release, as listed in our status sheet [1].

[1]
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Al9zh8DjmU_RdGIzd0VLLTBpQVJuNVlHMlBWSDhKLXc&hl=en_GB#gid=8
<https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Al9zh8DjmU_RdGIzd0VLLTBpQVJuNVlHMlBWSDhKLXc&hl=en_GB#gid=8>

[2] https://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/livedvd/gisvm/trunk/doc/en/overview/