[Live-demo] pycsw in OSGeo Live.

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 29 15:03:58 PST 2012

Alex wrote:
> since we are using NaturalEarth data and the
> GRASS North Carolina dataset.

[For the benefit of it's wider adoption..]

n.b. technically it is the OSGeo Educational North
Carolina dataset, not the "GRASS" one, which is a
slightly different creature that has been post-
processed and massaged into a native GRASS project.

(the same relationship is true for DebianGIS which
grew out of the pkg-grass project's infrastructure;
things get a little confusing if you pay too much
attention to the historic server names in the URLs)

> Would be interesting to generate on the fly OSM
> metadata as we install that on the disk too (only
> the bounding box changes occasionally).

n.b. the OSM "points of interest" sqlite DB for
Denver is now available on the disc. (it was
missing on the 5.0 release)

Hamish