[Live-demo] uDig and open-jdk (was Which version of openjdk...)

Frank Gasdorf fgdrf at users.sourceforge.net
Tue May 29 01:37:51 PDT 2012

Yeah!! Got uDig running with an open-jdk and JAI jars in the libs/ext
folder!! Jody, great suggestion from you. Renderer shows shapes and
tif's :)

Still to check is the current 6.0 beta release with open-jdk 7.

With this in mind we wouldn't have any kind of this problems if uDig
would use jai/imageio with its native fragments! One more reason for
me/us to force bringing this RFC to master ;)

Anyway, I'm going to test open-jdk 7 this days.

Tasks after a successfully test:
* update install script (hack) :
  * copy jai*.jar and *wrapper*.jar from the bundled JRE into openjdk
libs/ext folder
  * remove JRE from udig installation
* test udig-quickstart

I'm confident that we solve this for 6.0 release !
Frank