[Live-demo] OSGeo Live 7 at FOSS4G 2013

Brian Hamlin maplabs at light42.com
Tue Sep 10 13:35:24 PDT 2013

On Sep 10, 2013, at 9:06 AM, Ian Edwards wrote:

> ...I'm happy to report that 1,000 copies of OSGeo Live DVD arrived
> safely this afternoon and that they test out okay...
>
> Many thanks to all of the Live community for their relentless work
> on this great product, we're very pleased to be able to place a
> copy in the hands of every delegate at FOSS4G next week.

   Excellent news !

ps- I wrote a first blog post on using OSGeo Live 7 as a base to do
some statistical analysis with PostgreSQL and pl-R

   http://blog.light42.com

I suspect there is an opportunity to write similar things for the
worlds of IRIS and netCDF,
for raster analysis, for ground water, forest cover, species extents,
etc

All - please consider using the OSGeo Live as a basis for such
outreach to your own communities
whatever and whomever they might be.

Very best wishes for the conference to come... and best regards from
Berkeley, California

--
Brian M Hamlin
OSGeo California Chapter